Page templates: Add an FAQs page to your site
The Venue theme has the ability to add FAQs (V3.8.0 onwards) to a specific page.
You do this by utilising a built-in template.
- page.faq - adds frequently asked questions and answers to a specific page.
Assigning the FAQ template
- Make sure you are using theme version 3.8.0 or later (see links below on how to update your theme) and that this theme is live on your store, otherwise you will not be able to access the FAQ page template.
- Create a new page or open an existing page in your store admin.
- Scroll down to the template settings dropdown - at the bottom right of the page - where it says ‘Template’
- Select the relevant template, in this case page.faq.
- Now go to your theme ‘Customize’ area and navigate to the specific page to which you’ve just assigned the template. You can do that quickly by clicking ‘Home page’ dropdown (in the top bar of your customize screen) and locate the page in question in the dropdown.
- Once you are viewing the page in question the sidebar (on the left of your screen) will now show a FAQ tab - click that.
- Once that FAQ tab is open you will be able to see all settings for the template available and add content and re-order it to it by using the available blocks.
- Don't forget to save your work and check it on the live site at desktop and mobile width.