Pages: Add a contact form with maps to your site
The Venue theme has the ability to add a contact form (all versions) with maps (V4.1.0 onwards) to a specific page.
You do this by utilising a built-in template.
- page.contact - adds a simple contact to a specific page, or on later versions, maps and store addresses too.
Assigning the template
- Make sure that your theme is live on your store, otherwise you will not be able to access the FAQ page template. To get the maps feature you need to be on Venue V4.1.0 onwards.
- Create a new page or open an existing page in your store admin.
- Scroll down to the template settings dropdown - at the bottom right of the page - where it says ‘Template’
- Select the relevant template, in this case page.contact.
- Save your page
- The following applies to Venue version V4.1.0 onwards only. Now go to your theme ‘Customize’ area and navigate to the specific page to which you’ve just assigned the template. You can do that quickly by clicking ‘Home page’ dropdown (in the top bar of your customize screen) and locate the page in question in the dropdown.
- Once you are viewing the page in question the sidebar (on the left of your screen) will now show a Page contact tab - click that.
- Once that Page contact tab is open you will be able to see all settings for the template available such as the heading used for the form and the ability to add multiple maps and store physical addresses.
- Don't forget to save your work and check it on the live site at desktop and mobile width.