Home: Generate your Instagram Access Token for your Shopify store
Important: As of March 2, 2020, Instagram will be discontinuing its legacy API. This will mean that the Instagram feed displayed on your online store through your theme will no longer display images. Learn why your Instagram feed is broken here
The following article will soon be archived.
The Instagram token is required so it can authorize Shopify to access your photos in order to display them. If you don't know your token you will need to generate one.
1. Click the Get your Instagram Access Token link in the theme editor. Or simply visit this page http://instagram.safeasmilk.co/.
2. You will be redirected to a page on our website that we have set up to make the process easier for you. Click on the Generate Access Token button.
3. After clicking the button you'll be prompted to authorize access to your Instagram feed. You might have to log in if you haven't done so already.
4. Once this is complete you will be redirected back to a web page on our site where your token will be visible. You can click Copy To Clipboard to save time if you wish.
5. Now simply copy this token and paste it in your Shopify theme editor in the Instagram Access Token field.
6. That's it! You can now show your customers what you've been up to on Instagram.