Venue / Pages / Create additional page templates
OS 2.0 themes
Information: This article is for merchants using themes that support Online Store 2.0 features. OS 2.0 themes were shipped from 31st August 2021. If you're using a 'Vintage' version please view the older article here.
Here are the steps which you can follow for creating a custom page on your Shopify store:
- Log in your Shopify store admin.
- Click on Online Store then Themes in the side menu to get to the themes area of your admin.
- Click the Customize button next to your active theme to go to the theme editor.
- Select Pages from the top page-selector menu and select Create template. Enter the desired page template name and select the template it will be based on.
- Select Add Section under the Main Page area of the menu and this will give you a list of sections which you can choose from.
- Select Save and check that your changes have worked before exiting the theme editor.
- Visit your Shopify store admin, select Pages and navigate to the page where you would like to use this template.
- Select the desired theme page template using the template selector at the bottom of the page.
- Lastly, save your work and then check that all is working as expected.
Information: After you have created your new page template, it’s important that you assign this new template to the correct page. You do this in the Shopify page admin. Currently you can’t assign templates to pages in the theme editor.