Product page: Set up global tabs and reviews for your products
Note: If you are looking for to create unique tabs in your product descriptions you can learn how to do that in by reading the related article linked at the bottom of this page.
Setting up global tabs
Venue comes with the ability to add 'Global' tabs to your product descriptions. Global means all of your products will receive exactly the same content in their tabs. This is great for information that relates to ALL products - like a returns policy or general delivery details.
You need to be viewing a single product page in your theme editor to see the Product page editor on the left of your edit screen.
Display page content in a global tab
You can have up to four global tabs on your product page. However, one of them is reserved the free Shopify reviews app.
Global tabs are very easy to set up:
- Create a page with the text, images or video you wish to display in your product tab
- Assign that page to a tab in the theme editor.
Important: They are called 'global' tabs as they will appear on all products across your store.
Display product reviews in a tab
One of your tabs is reserved the free Shopify reviews app.
- Install the free app by clicking the Get button from the Shopify app store.
- Once the app is installed please ignore the instructions telling you to add code to your theme templates - we have already done this for you. You have finished installing it.
- Go to a product page in the theme editor, click on Theme settings at the bottom of the left hand editor, then click on the Enable reviews checkbox and you will see that one of the tabs now contains the reviews listing.
Pro tip: the reviews app design can be customized. If you visit your app settings you can change the color of your stars. We also recommend removing the outer border by making it white #FFFFFF and removing the 24px padding. This will make it fit better with the Venue design.
If you are looking for to create unique tabs in your product descriptions you can learn how to do that in by reading the related article linked at the bottom of this page.
Please see the related article linked below to learn more about image sizes.